.



Welcome to Amerige Avenue...

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.


~Audrey Hepburn~



Saturday, August 7, 2010

Greeting Cards and Book Tags

Awhile ago I found this scrapbook paper that I absolutely LOVED- only problem was it was a discontinued paper, so I only had access to two pages of it (thanks for those two pages, Christy!)  So, I made a few greeting cards from it, Amerige Avenue Style.  I only have one left, and I get so sad at the thought of giving it away.  The other day I realized that if I scan it into my computer at high resolution, then I will always have the card!  Here is the basic card (un-embellished).


The embellishments I have make it so much better, but I still love the simple version.  I love it so much, I made this image smaller and turned it into a Book Tag, which I am so excited about.



Also, I re-created the sheet of scrapbook paper using Paint. It took awhile to create since all I had left of the paper was what you see on the greeting card, but it was really relaxing to do so I didn't mind. 



What decorative paper/card/fabric do you love?  I would recommend doing a simple project like this so you can enjoy it all over your house!

No comments:

Post a Comment