.



Welcome to Amerige Avenue...

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.


~Audrey Hepburn~



Saturday, August 7, 2010

To paint or not to paint...Dining Room edition

My project list keeps growing and growing, mostly because I cannot seem to make up my mind.  The new dilemna is "To paint or not to paint"...

Dining Room:

Ok, this room i am certain I will paint or wallpaper, I just can't choose a color!  Right now it is primed white.

Here is what the lighting is like in the daytime (for the most part):


Here is the lighting in the evening:



The 9ft x 8ft dining room is completely open to our living room, which is yellow.  Do I paint it yellow to blend into the space, and differentiate it with unique window treatments?  It has almost no visual interest, so I'd love to add moulding. 
The yellow, red, or even a cream color would fit very well with the color scheme in my house.  But is that what I want- matchy matchy?   What if I introduce gray into the dining room, or an unexpected color like a deep turquiose or deep blue-gray?  Also, I have thought about wallpapering at least part of the walls.  Or maybe put a chair rail in at chair height or 3/4 of the way up the wall?  See, I just have too many ideas!
 
Yellow wall from living room.

Here are some rooms that inspire me in this small space.

{Thanks to Millwork Designs}

{Thanks to Frustario}


 
{Thanks to Home Design Software}

 {Thanks to Home Design Software}

{Thanks to Eva Design}

 {Thanks to House of Smiths}

{Thanks to Good Housekeeping}

 {Thanks to Good Housekeeping}


{Thanks to Stoneleigh Hotel}

The Oldest Oyster House in Boston.

{Thanks to Southern Living}

{Thanks to Good Housekeeping}
Realistically, my dining room will probably end up looking like this last photo (above) because I intend to do an L-shape storage bench underneath the windows.  I guess I still have way too many ideas to decide what to do right now, but any feedback designers would like to give is always appreciated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment