.



Welcome to Amerige Avenue...

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.


~Audrey Hepburn~



Saturday, July 10, 2010

Teapot Prints

 

For a long time now I have been  a teapot and teacup aficionado.  (See my collection in an older post, below.)  My first few teapots were given to me by friends and my hubby.  I guess they just knew my style well, because they hit the mark every time.  My style is more of the fun and whimsical teapots and cups, with an occasional chic design.  I love unique and playful handle and spouts with detailing or beautiful color combinations and patterns.  Several cartoon teapots and teacups are on here to show what I mean.  "Old lady" teapot styles are not really my type.  Delicate little flowers in pastel colors on bone white china are a bit too boring for me.  Here are some teapot inspired designs that bring a smile to my face.  Hope you enjoy!




Marks and Spencer Retro Teapot Storage Canisters

Adorable Teapot Knobs- my Aunt Donna has these in her kitchen on a special China cabinet.  I am thinking about getting a set myself- only $15 on ebay!


Anthropology Tea Towels are always charming!  (I will be posting the Cake towel in an upcoming post, so keep an eye out for it!)
Here are some Prints and Patterns: 


Fun Vintage Teapot Fabric from Cleolin's Flickr page:



Super Fun print in the Girlometry Collection by Martha Van Etten and Nerissa Tutiven
 
 

 


Design_ski's photostream print.
 
Iheartshop's I heart Tea.

How fun is this!  A Yellow Submarine Loose Leaf Tea Ball:


Finally, what better way to celebrate teapots than wearing a fabulous "tea time outfit".  I am so inspired by OnedrGirl's Tea Time Outfit- so cute and romantic.


I hope a little bit of the teapot love rubs off on anyone who visits this blog! 

3 comments:

  1. No way I collect tea pots too! Loving the tea party like it's 1769 print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like the tea pot print, Jen. I have a very simple tea pot collection (see older posts), but I love each one of them. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope to have more posts up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please help me find the tea pot knobs! I have looked every where and they are exactly what I want next week when my new kitchen cupboards!! Thank you, Karen

    ReplyDelete