.



Welcome to Amerige Avenue...

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.


~Audrey Hepburn~



Friday, July 9, 2010

Vintage Patterns and Prints

I have been working on restoring a vintage dresser from my generous friends- first Rebecca who gave it to Christy, and Christy who gave it to me.  (I had been lusting after it since I first saw it, but Christy had dibs.  And since I still kick myself for already passing up the amazing green couch from Des that eventually went to Katie, I decided I had better not pass this up!)   I am still deciding what color to paint it.  I am thinking white, light blue, bright red, shades of pink, green, or gray.   

What color do you think I should paint it (see below)?
(Take the Poll to the left!)


Light Blue

Light Apple Green

Strawberry

 Raspberry

 Red

 White/Cream

Anyway, no matter what color I paint the dresser I really want to have a fun vintage contact paper as the liner in each drawer.  There is something so fun about having campy design on the inside of something beautiful, even if I am the only one who knows it is there.  It reminds me of the campy (quite ridiculous) bathroom wallpaper in the cabin my Great Uncle Fred built, which I just returned from.  I find the wallpaper to be consistently entertaining, year after year, and hope that the new contact paper will be just as entertaining year after year.

Here are some of the Vintage Designs I am currently inspired by.  Some of them make me literally giggle out loud.  How can you not giggle at a campy Airstream Trailer cartoon?  (No pun intended.)  Love it!!!

Birch Fabrics has super fun textile collections. 
 The "Circa Go Beach Mod" collection is my favorite.












Also, Helen Dardik is a genius!

Here are some (well, okay, a lot!) of her fun, cute, and creative patterns:







This one is so great- "Don't forget to make today Awesome!"











She also has some great non-pattern drawings.  I seem to really like the ones with girls in them:




I this this is definitely my Favorite!  "Hello Sunshine!"  She is so cute!








Another favorite!  "Hey I took some pictures wanna see?"  "Sure."


The final one is also a favorite. :)


Still have not decided which pattern would be best.  Maybe a solid color on the bottom with one of the non-patterned prints?  Or maybe something different for each drawer?  Here is the paper I have in the bottom of my nightstand drawer, but I think I want something more campy and silly for this go 'round.  I'll post what I finally choose to use on a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment